Saturday, 16 February 2013

It's been emotional......


 Wow, it's been a while.  

Last post September 2012.  Happy Christmas, Happy New Year, Chinese New Year, Valentines Day, did I miss anything.

I have been so busy since I last blogged.  First, we moved house.  They aren't joking when they say buying a house is one of life's most stressful events.  Dealing with the move and moving into a larger house with less storage was painnnfulll.  A lot of my clothes that I stored in the loft didn't make it with me unfortunately.  I am now the proud  confused owner of the least amount of clothes for about 20 years!  Oh well, they do say you only wear 20% of your wardrobe - I just want to be able to rotate my 20% a few times.   

Three weeks after we moved, I was due to attend my Niece's wedding.  My last blog was about my wedding outfit.  I was making the wedding cake and doing a dessert table.  Everything was so lastminute.com that we made the final decision on the wedding cake design (inspired by a pic on Pinterest) and the list of items on the dessert table two weeks before.   Stressful - I can't tell you how much.  Probably the biggest bakefest of my whole life.   Coupled with being a guest, my daughter being a bridesmaid, travelling from London to Nottingham, you get the picture.   

Anyway, all was achieved and I attended the most beautiful stylish wedding of my life.  My gorgeous Niece was a stunning bride, I was dabbing my eyes like a fool throughout the ceremony.  

The happiest Bride I have ever seen







My sister looking stunning in her dress!



One of the few pics of me on the left in the grey




The ceremony all the more emotional as they were married by the groom's grandfather.  We all had the most amazing day.  They had a photobooth in the evening and there were some amazing pictures.  These are some of my favourites - my Mum and Dad, my son and daughter and my Niece with her big brothers.  If you are planning on getting married I would highly recommend it for your reception.  More info at www.vintagebooth.me

Captain Roy and his trusty shipmate of 57 years





My daughter Tia was a bridesmaid, she is growing up to be such a beauty



Finally the cake and the dessert table.  The cake was a three tier of Red Velvet, Chocolate and Vanilla, covered in petals and topped with pink roses.












I hope you like looking at wedding pictures as much as me!   Anyway, hopefully I can start blogging more regularly again.  




4 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL WEDDING! Yes I enjoyed looking at the pictures I believe just as much as you! Your family is lovely! And I can definitely see why you've been so busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Myra! It was such a wonderful day. Even yesterday going through the pics brought back such strong memories.

      Delete
  2. Stunning photos - I also LOVE looking at wedding photos and am blown away by the cake & desserts, you are one super talented lady! You looked gorgeous yourself too - great outfit. Still trying to work out how you are a mum to grown up kids as you look so young...but then I see you inherited some pretty special genes from those young looking parents of yours! Thank you for sharing your family's special day with us all, Avril x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Avril. I am 46 next month - must be good genes, none of my family look their age. Both my parents look quite tired on that pic but I love it anyway. My dad is in his mid 70s and was the biggest Raver at the reception. Dragging him off the dance floor at midnight amid cries of 'Roy James - Legend!!' was no joke!

      Delete